Defense Attorneys Serving Soldiers at Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, and the Marine Corps Training Depot
If you are facing criminal charges or the possibility of losing your status in the military, the attorneys at Crisp and Associates Military Law can help. With over 75 years of combined experience, our defense lawyers have successfully represented numerous officers and enlisted service members stationed at Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, the Marine Corps Training Depot, and other installations around the world. Call now for a free consultation.
Imprisonment. Fines. Forfeiture of wages. Discharge. For members of the military, these are all very real possibilities when accused of a crime under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Too often, we hear stories of soldiers who simply accept their punishment, assuming that the military and the civilian court system will treat them fairly, and resigning themselves to the consequences of being brought up on charges.
This is a mistake. There is no other way to put it. Being charged with a crime does not establish criminal liability, and in fact there are numerous potential defenses to all charges under the UCMJ. From questioning witnesses’ credibility to establishing that there is insufficient evidence to convict you of the alleged offense, it is often possible to beat charges even if you think you may be guilty of the alleged offense.
The Experience You Need to Protect Your Future
At Crisp and Associates Military Law, we know from experience. Our defense attorneys – who are former Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAG) lawyers and police officers – have over 75 years of combined experience representing servicemen and women in investigations, plea negotiations, civilian courts, courts martial, and other military disciplinary proceedings. We regularly represent clients in Southern California, including soldiers stationed at Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, and the Marine Corps Training Depot, as well as representing officers and enlisted servicemen and women around the world.
If you are under investigation or have been arrested for any of the following types of offenses, we encourage you to contact us promptly for a free consultation:
- Drug Crimes
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs (DUI)
- Theft Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
Our attorneys are able to represent clients in all civilian courts, as well as in courts martial, Administrative Separation Hearings, Qualitative Management Program (QMP) appeals, and other military matters.
Examples of Our Criminal and Military Case Results
The following are some examples of the results our attorneys have obtained for military clients. While we are proud of our long and consistent track record, keep in mind that past results are not indicative of future success:
- Charges dismissed against an enlisted soldier who was accused of molesting a 12-year-old girl. Our attorneys uncovered similar false allegations by the alleged victim in the past and proved that the allegations against our client were fabricated.
- A client accused of molesting two girls was fully acquitted after our attorneys proved that the alleged victims’ stories were based upon the plot of a television show.
- Our attorneys obtained full acquittal for a client accused of engaging in sexual intercourse with a Soldier In Training by exposing inconsistencies in the alleged victim’s testimony.
- A client accused of armed robbery was fully acquitted after our attorneys proved that the police had mishandled the weapon supposedly involved in the robbery and that the alleged victim had been coached to identify our client.
- Full acquittal for a First Sergeant accused of rape as a result of our attorneys’ ability to attack the alleged victim’s credibility through cross-examination and questioning of fact witnesses.
- All charges dropped in a court martial proceeding after our attorneys used the alleged victims’ text messages to prove that they had fabricated allegations of sexual assault against our client.
- Client found not guilty of unlawful drug use based upon exculpatory evidence and our attorneys’ ability to challenge the military’s urinalysis and drug testing procedures.
This is just a small sampling. During your free initial consultation, we will be happy to share more about our attorneys’ experience and our results in cases that are similar to yours.
About Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, and the Marine Corps Training Depot
Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, and the Marine Corps Training Depot are military installations in San Diego that support our nation’s peace and wartime efforts domestically and around the world. Known as “The West Coast’s Premier Expeditionary Training Base,” Camp Pendleton has been training Marines for 75 years. Naval Base San Diego, also known as the 32nd Street Naval Station, is one of the Navy’s largest installations in the world.
Units and commands stationed at these locations include:
- 1st Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company
- 1st Dental Battalion
- 1st Marine Division
- 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade
- 1st Marine Logistics Group
- 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion
- 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing
- 11th, 13th and 15th Marine Expeditionary Units
- Marine Corps and Army Reserve Forces
- Marine Corps Installations-West
- Marine Corps Recruit Depot
- Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity
- MEF Headquarters Group
- Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton
- Navy’s Assault Craft Unit 5
- San Diego’s Weapons & Field Training Battalion
- Wounded Warrior Battalion West
- 213 additional commands at Naval Base San Diego
Who We Are
Crisp and Associates Military Law is a military criminal defense law firm that focuses exclusively on representing enlisted service members and military officers in criminal matters. Along with former Army JAG lawyer Jonathan Crisp, our team includes a veteran former police officer with specialized training in forensic science, and a former number one rated Senior Defense Counsel in the Air Force, each of whom bring unique insights to defending clients in military court, including courts martial and administrative separation proceedings.Meet our criminal defense lawyers:
- Jonathan W. Crisp, Founder and Former U.S. Army JAG Lawyer
- Bryan DePowell, Criminal Defense Attorney and Former Police Officer
- Donald Gordon, Of Counsel
- Christopher Nuneviller, Of Counsel
Contact Crisp and Associates Military Law for a Free Initial Consultation
If you would like more information about what our attorneys can do to help you, contact Crisp and Associates Military Law for a free initial consultation. To speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer in confidence, call (888) 811-6416 or inquire online now.