Defense Attorneys Serving Soldiers at Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, and the Marine Corps Training Depot
If you are facing criminal charges or the possibility of losing your status in the military, the attorneys at Crisp and Associates Military Law can help. With over 30 years of combined experience, our defense lawyers have successfully represented numerous officers and enlisted service members stationed at Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, the Marine Corps Training Depot, and other installations around the world. Call now for a free consultation.
Imprisonment. Fines. Forfeiture of wages. Discharge. For members of the military, these are all very real possibilities when accused of a crime under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Too often, we hear stories of soldiers who simply accept their punishment, assuming that the military and the civilian court system will treat them fairly, and resigning themselves to the consequences of being brought up on charges.
This is a mistake. There is no other way to put it. Being charged with a crime does not establish criminal liability, and in fact there are numerous potential defenses to all charges under the UCMJ. From questioning witnesses’ credibility to establishing that there is insufficient evidence to convict you of the alleged offense, it is often possible to beat charges even if you think you may be guilty of the alleged offense.
The Experience You Need to Protect Your Future
At Crisp and Associates Military Law, we know from experience. Our defense attorneys – who are former Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAG) lawyers and police officers – have over 30 years of combined experience representing servicemen and women in investigations, plea negotiations, civilian courts, courts martial, and other military disciplinary proceedings. We regularly represent clients in Southern California, including soldiers stationed at Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, and the Marine Corps Training Depot, as well as representing officers and enlisted servicemen and women around the world.
If you are under investigation or have been arrested for any of the following types of offenses, we encourage you to contact us promptly for a free consultation:
- Drug Crimes
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs (DUI)
- Theft Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
Our attorneys are able to represent clients in all civilian courts, as well as in courts martial, Administrative Separation Hearings, Qualitative Management Program (QMP) appeals, and other military matters.
Why Choose Crisp and Associates Military Law for Your Criminal or Military Case?
When you need a lawyer for a criminal case or military judicial proceeding, your choice of legal representation matters. Here are ten reasons to choose Crisp and Associates Military Law for your case at Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, the Marine Corps Training Depot, or anywhere else in Southern California:
1. Our Exclusive Focus
At Crisp and Associates Military Law, we focus exclusively on representing servicemen and women in criminal cases, courts martial, and other military judicial and disciplinary proceedings.
2. Our Military Background
The founder of our firm, Jonathan W. Crisp, is a former U.S. Army JAG lawyer who spent nearly seven years on active duty. During that time, he represented enlisted soldiers and officers around the world and handled complex cases such as the accusations of abuse at Abu Ghraib. In addition, Davis Younts – Serving as Of Counsel to Crisp and Associates Military Law – is an experienced criminal defense attorney who previously spent 10 years as an Air Force JAG, a military prosecutor, and as the number one rated Senior Defense Counsel in the Air Force. He has litigated more than 50 jury trials and represented enlisted personnel and officers in hundreds of courts martial and other military disciplinary proceedings.
3. Our Law Enforcement Background
Our team of defense lawyers also includes a former police officer. Attorney Bryan DePowell’s first career was in law enforcement, and today he uses the knowledge gained from this experience to develop comprehensive and insightful defense strategies for his clients.
4. Our Focus on Quick Results
In each case, we focus on securing a favorable result for our client as quickly as possible. We understand that you want your case to be over, and we will attempt to have your charges dismissed – or, if necessary, negotiate a plea deal – well before it gets to court.
5. Our Trial-Ready Approach
If going to court is the only option, you can rest assured that our attorneys will be fully prepared to protect your rights and fight for your future at trial. Crisp and Associates Military Law is a team of experienced litigators who have tried numerous cases before civilian juries and military panels.
6. Our Personalized Approach
When you hire us, we will get to know you personally so that we can build a strategic defense tailored to your individual circumstances. No two cases are alike, and the facts that make your case unique could very well be the difference between a guilty verdict and retaining your status in the military.
7. Our Limited Scope of Practice
Some lawyers are general practitioners. They handle criminal cases while also preparing wills, helping clients file for divorce, and handling any other legal issues that come through their doors. At Crisp and Associates Military Law, our attorneys devote 100 percent of their time and effort on defense representation.
8. Our Testimonials
“I could not have asked for a better person to represent me in what was the most difficult time of my life. . . . I can honestly say without bias [Jonathan Crisp] fought tooth and nail on my behalf.” These kind words are just one example of numerous testimonials we have received from satisfied clients.
9. Our 24/7 Accessibility
Whether you were just arrested and need to speak with a lawyer or you are an existing client, our legal team is available to you 24/7. You can call us any time, and our attorneys will travel to Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, the Marine Corps Training Depot, or any other location to meet with you as well.
10. Our Free Initial Consultations
Before you make a decision about your legal representation, we invite you to speak with one of our attorneys in a free and confidential consultation. We want you to make your decision based on trust, not the fact that you have already paid for an initial consultation.
Examples of Our Criminal and Military Case Results
The following are some examples of the results our attorneys have obtained for military clients. While we are proud of our long and consistent track record, keep in mind that past results are not indicative of future success:
- Charges dismissed against an enlisted soldier who was accused of molesting a 12-year-old girl. Our attorneys uncovered similar false allegations by the alleged victim in the past and proved that the allegations against our client were fabricated.
- A client accused of molesting two girls was fully acquitted after our attorneys proved that the alleged victims’ stories were based upon the plot of a television show.
- Our attorneys obtained full acquittal for a client accused of engaging in sexual intercourse with a Soldier In Training by exposing inconsistencies in the alleged victim’s testimony.
- A client accused of armed robbery was fully acquitted after our attorneys proved that the police had mishandled the weapon supposedly involved in the robbery and that the alleged victim had been coached to identify our client.
- Full acquittal for a First Sergeant accused of rape as a result of our attorneys’ ability to attack the alleged victim’s credibility through cross-examination and questioning of fact witnesses.
- All charges dropped in a court martial proceeding after our attorneys used the alleged victims’ text messages to prove that they had fabricated allegations of sexual assault against our client.
- Client found not guilty of unlawful drug use based upon exculpatory evidence and our attorneys’ ability to challenge the military’s urinalysis and drug testing procedures.
This is just a small sampling. During your free initial consultation, we will be happy to share more about our attorneys’ experience and our results in cases that are similar to yours.
About Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, and the Marine Corps Training Depot
Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, and the Marine Corps Training Depot are military installations in San Diego that support our nation’s peace and wartime efforts domestically and around the world. Known as “The West Coast’s Premier Expeditionary Training Base,” Camp Pendleton has been training Marines for 75 years. Naval Base San Diego, also known as the 32nd Street Naval Station, is one of the Navy’s largest installations in the world.
Units and commands stationed at these locations include:
- 1st Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company
- 1st Dental Battalion
- 1st Marine Division
- 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade
- 1st Marine Logistics Group
- 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion
- 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing
- 11th, 13th and 15th Marine Expeditionary Units
- Marine Corps and Army Reserve Forces
- Marine Corps Installations-West
- Marine Corps Recruit Depot
- Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity
- MEF Headquarters Group
- Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton
- Navy’s Assault Craft Unit 5
- San Diego’s Weapons & Field Training Battalion
- Wounded Warrior Battalion West
- 213 additional commands at Naval Base San Diego
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation Now
To schedule your free initial consultation, contact the law offices of Crisp and Associates. Remember, we are available 24/7, and it costs you nothing to speak in confidence with one of our attorneys. Let us use our military, law enforcement, and criminal defense experience to protect you – call (888) 811-6416 or tell us about your situation online now.